Friday, June 11, 2010

Neuromarketing!

One possible goal of neuromarketing would be to get customers to behave the way (advertisers) want them to behave. As a consumer how do you feel about this? Do you think advertisers should be allowed to control the way we behave? Why or why not? Can you think of a time when you or someone you know was greatly influenced to buy a product or do something because of advertising? Explain.
Personally, I think this is wrong. People have a right to behave how they want , keeping in mind that they have to be appropriate. I can't really recall a time when someone has been influenced to buy a product or do something because of an advertisement.

How do you think advertising encourage "wanting" products as opposed to "needing" them? Explain. Think of the past ads you have viewed and how one of them may illustrate want vs. need in a product.
They come out with all these different ideas and brain waves for new commercials whenever they create a product. Take an iPod touch for example. After seeing how foolish this girl is acting while enjoying the music on her iPod, it is bound to make someone want to buy one so they can see what they are missing.

Overall, what do you think of neuromarketing? Explain why. Would you lie inside MRI machines and look at pictures of products while the machine snaps images of your brain? Why or why not?
I would NEVER, in my right mind, lie inside an MRI machine and let the machine snap pictures of my brain while I look at pictures of products. Honestly, I think the weirdest things at the most awkward time, it might not even have anything to do with what I'm seeing. People would think I'm crazy and probably want to send me away!

1 comment: