Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Deconstructing a visual...

The song that I have chosen is "Summer Girl" by the Stereos. After reading the lyrics, it's pretty obvious what the song is about. I think that the band is trying to create an image of a pretty girl because the lyrics says "my heart is melting 'cause you're hot like the summer heat" and the album cover has a girl in her bikini.

In this
album cover, the emphasize is mostly on the band name. It is bigger and bolder than the text below it. I think that the use of computer retouching was used for the different shades of blue mixed into one background. Also, I think it was used on the background behind the band name and the glistening affect from the sun.

The details in the background would be the clouds, the ocean waves and once again, the ray of light coming from what is supposed to be the sun.

I feel that the main camera angle is an eye-level shot which is suggesting intimacy. I feel that it’s suggesting intimacy because of the way the female is posing while wearing nothing more than a bikini.

I feel that the target audience for this album cover, based on what is taking place, would be for “beach bums.” I believe that it’s targeted towards those people because of the name of the album “Summer Girl” and it is showing a girl in her bikini relaxing on a beach with a beach ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment